Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West Apoligizes (Leno Version)

After viewing the Leno interview with Kanye I won't budge from my 'Dead to Me' stance. He is officially still dead to me but, if he backs up what he said he would do, I could budge from my stance.
Kanye seemed to understand that he was in the wrong, but at some points I doubted if he could really change. He was asked by Leno "When did you realize you had done wrong" and Kanye replies "When I handed her the mic back". This contradicts the fake apology he posted on his website though.
In the end he said he would like to take a break, apologize to Taylor and help her in any way possible. If I see a true change in his overall righteous attitude I could forgive him(haha like he cares...but I think overall it would go a long way to regain/gain new fans)
The guy who benefits the most from this is Jay Leno who's opening night ratings will be better than expected but I have a feeling it won't do as well as expected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Today Taylor Swift did a fairly brief interview with The View. Taylor talked about her reaction during the moment as " “Don’t trip and fall” to “Oh, Kanye West is here” to “Cool haircut. What are you doing here? And then 'ouch'. And then, I guess I’m not going to get to thank the fans.” "
She also sad that Kanye has not yet reached out to apoligize to her personally which is disappointing given the potential his Leno interview had.
Before she went to perform to of her songs (fifteen, and you belong with me) she announced that she had bought her first condo. This news has gone under the radar which is surprising given the fact that her career has been built, at least somewhat, on her 'good girl, still lives with her mother' attitude.
All in all I'm glad to see she has already moved on and is continuing to gain popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment