Saturday, December 5, 2009

Prepare to Fight

An Original Poem

Up in the tallest tower she's kept
Isolated from me like a fish from land
I fight to see her knowing full well
She's a prize I will never possess

But I still fight to make my presence known
I spar with a fire breathing dragon named failure
He better not harm us
Unless he want to meet my one man army

Because even though I'm a sizeable underdog
I promise not to yield until
Every ounce of my blood has been spilled
Or all of my limbs have been dismembered

I will never surrender to him
Because giving up mid fight is a bigger loss
Not only will I lose her but myself as well
So I say to my opponents, Prepare to fight

1 comment:

  1. even though you choose not to respond to my texts... :) i like this poem, especially the way you compare failure to a fierce dragon. it truly conveys that you hold, in your hands, your destiny. your only enemy is personal weakness.
    (monica)

    ReplyDelete