Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wuthering Heights

An Original Poem
Inspired by the novel Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I have not forgotten someone that looked like you
Only the being they have replaced you with
You claim to love me with all your heart
But you look at me as a mistress does her servant

You're repuatation has become most important
It has destroyed you, corroded you from the inside
Taken what I loved most and shattered it
Made it something common and uneventful

How am I to compare to the eligible Edgar
Where am I to obtain his wealth
What can I provide that he cannot
Who you will choose is not a mystery

You say my passion is of hate not love
But what am I to love about this world
A dead father, a brutish brother, an unfaithful lover
I can curse the world but the only curse is on me

3 comments:

  1. joe, you have become quite the poet! again, i really like this.
    (monica)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I disagree but I enjoy the compliments. Just for the record though this poem has no subtext. Just liked all the poems we read about the book so i wrote one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, which is why I didn't have much to say about it. That and the fact that I have no clue what goes on in Wuthering Heights...
    (monica)

    ReplyDelete